Saturday, November 10, 2007

Wal*Mart Oil Change


So we're all about saving the pennies so Luis asked me to go to Wal*Mart to get the Jeep's oil changed. I considered the last time I went there and wasted 2 (TWO) hours of my summer waiting to save about $11 ( or 1.64841 Switzerland Francs), but considering that I did get to sleep in past 12:38 this afternoon I was down. I showered quickly and put on my best "I don't care how I look because I am going to the Wal*Mart in Wake Forest" outfit and hopped in the jeep. I put Dr. Laura on my IPOD and nodded along while she got impatient with a guy who wouldn't get rid of his 8 year old cat even though the cat didn't get along with his wife of 4 months -- jerk. About, oh, 24 minutes later I pulled up to Wal*Mart and there was an empty car parked where you're supposed to wait for the guy to check you in. I pulled beside it so the guy would come and he told me to go ahead and park. OK makes sense Sam, so I parked. Twenty-three minutes (that would be 1,380 seconds) later and 2 handheld devices critical to checking me in running out of batteries I was in. I wandered around Wal*Mart in Wake Forest and I was able to hear a lady point out that she had enough ammunition in her dad's car in the parking lot to keep some other person at bay for at least 5 minutes (I swear she really said this and she wasn't joking). About an hour and 17 minutes later (but who's counting) I went back to see if they had successfully been able to replace my more than 1,247 miles overdue oil... of course they were done about forty minutes ago-- they just had not called me like they promised they would. LOVE saving money.

1 comments:

the mccollums... said...

too funny girl...I can just hear you tell this one...I love to read your humor. :) Those darn Wal Mart people wasting your time--you need to get them on Dr. Laura and have her teach them a thing or two.

Thanks for your kind comment on my hair. I am thinking about chopping it again. we will see.