Monday, December 3, 2007

Going off the rails of a crazy train


Tomorrow is the last day of teaching that I have until 2008. Kathryn (my trusty TA) and I are holding onto our sanity by our fingernails and have been for the last 2 weeks. Our normally borderline-genius kids have been acting ... well... like children from the "other" Kindergarten class. We had some high schoolers come down and talk about recycling and my students told them that they really don't like coloring. I think we all just need a break from Kindergarten. But as soon as we are ready to be over it, one of the kids will hand us a "love note" which is their latest craze. They take paper from the the estimation box and write messages on it like "I loe m v" (translated from the original kindergarten this means I love Mrs. Velasquez) or more brazen attempts like "I love Vlascez". We might be going nuts, but at least we'll all go down with love :)

1 comments:

the mccollums... said...

HA ha...girl, I can relate...ugh, I can't wait for those Christmas days to come. I am envious today at the teachers up north and the snow that they have!!! No snow in Charlotte.