Saturday, December 29, 2007

The squeaky belt gets the oil -- then tries to chop your finger off


On the way home from work for his mini-bday celebration, Luis decided to stop and put some oil on a sqeaky belt in the Honda... in his effort to be fast so that he could get home and get showered before my parents got there, he put his finger down to steady the belt. Well, the belt had no regard for the steadying intentions of my poor husband and it took his finger all the way around and through the pulley. Needless to say his finger looks like he should be on the news for a shark attack.


They always say that the squeaky wheel gets the oil -- is this the logical next step: attempted amputation? If so, I am ignoring the parents in the class who make huge deals to get little perks for their kids so that I can protect my digits. And, yes, that is a napkin ring around L's finger -- we like to decorate where we can.

0 comments: