Monday, August 4, 2008

Drama Mama




There is a new drama queen in town and her name is Tessa.

It was the first real day of school today and aside from random bits during the day, the highlight did not end up being my lovely new shoes. Instead, the high-point of my day (and possibly my year) was when Tessa got a TEENY correction about such a small thing and she reacted with full dramatic overload rolling back on the floor and crying out loud for the class to hear "I just don't care about anything!"


It was beautiful! Nothing warms my heart more than a child who can creatively whine! I pride myself on my classroom drama, but I'll be taking a page from the Tessa handbook and making random pronouncements coupled with big physical gestures -- oh, I am so excited to see what line she uses tomorrow!!!
I hope I'm over-estimating her skills, but I predict that we'll be getting some great lines from this great young scholar!

2 comments:

cheyney webb said...

Brilliant. I am so glad you can appreciate stellar whining. I look forward to the many Tessaesque quotes to come.

Judy said...

Hehe! I can just picture it now. And I think I can even picture your face in reaction to her "full dramatic overload." Oh to be a fly on the wall!