Thursday, January 22, 2009

Gripe.

This picture of my nephew having a fabulous meltdown is to illustrate how boiling this instance made me:


So yesterday I called the MD to make an appointment.  I spoke with the person who schedules the procedure that I needed and who (by the way) was unncessarily impossible to reach.  I finally got her on the phone after leaving oh about infinity messages without getting a call-back (despite her message that said she'd call back within 24 hours -- maybe she meant 24 days).  You'd think after hearing and ignoring my messages for the the last week my name might kind of ring a bell.  You'd think wrong.

When she answered I clearly said "This is Christy Velasquez... I spoke with you about ____".  I didn't say my name fast because Lord knows it's not like Smith or something easy to understand.  She let me say all of the shpeel and then she said (and this is what I'm blogging about) "What is your name?".  

DID I NOT JUST SAY IT AT THE BEGINNING OF THE PARAGRAPH OF WHAT I JUST SAID???  DID I NOT JUST LEAVE IT ON YOUR VOICE MAIL 16 TIMES A DAY FOR A WEEK?  HAVE YOU REALLY NEVER HEARD MY NAME -- EVER???

The moral of the story is that I CAN'T stand when people skim past names to get to the point of a call.  If I take the time to give my name PAY ATTENTION... write it down if you're slow... just don't ask me what my name is 15 seconds after I just told you.

4 comments:

Erin McG said...

Amen and Hallelujah!

Daniel McCollum said...

yeah, girl...go ahead!!! My pet peeve too is when people answer a question with a question...or when people repeat your question after you just asked it...yeah, that is the worse for me. Anyway, I guess I better not get started on people's manners and lack of social skills. I am on a kick lately that parent's have a social responsibility to teach eating habits to their children (among other things...)!!

Ryan said...

I hate it at work when I call people and they call me Maam.


I'm bad at remembering names. my trick is to ask the person, "how do I spell your last name"

cheyney webb said...

As someone who has to return calls, I allow myself to ignore the drug seekers.

Good time to be assertive but nice.