Monday, January 5, 2009

What a DORK!




I might just be the most obnoxious person I have ever met.  

Since Luis's mom left he has been feeling a little husky and recently the best thing ever happened:  he had to admit that (in his own words) "my jeans hurt my body".  HA!  I have been on diets several times during our marriage.  He NEVER has.  He just breaths out and loses 5 pounds -- or at least that USED to be true.

So, last week we started Weight Watchers and being the competitive-about-pointless-battles person that I am I whopped him hardcore with the score 5 pounds to almost 3 pounds.  So last night I decided to plan the week's menu.  I made chili that was very WW friendly and planned to make 4 other WW things for dinners.

Tonight, while waiting for him to come home from work, I started on the Black Bean Lasagna.  He took longer to get here than I expected (but considering the times of economic downturn and joblessness I am glad he was working) so I started on the Clam Chowder.  He got home and instead of quitting I made Italian Lentils too.

THAT WAS NOT OBNOXIOUS ENOUGH -- nooooo, I had to pack each serving into a ziplock bag so that the food would be portioned and ready so we wouldn't be tempted to eat crap.  In the end I packed 27 meals.  Gag.  I am such a D O R K!!!  

HOWEVER be very clear -- next Monday when we weigh ourselves, I will continue my winning streak.  My goal is to have him in tears.  Not really, but I am considering the logistics of creating a score board (that will mysteriously disappear the week he beats me).

4 comments:

Ryan said...

awesome. congrats on the weight loss and organiztion. Not geky at all.

Ryan said...

geeky

cheyney webb said...

I need to hire you to pack up my meals like that! Pretty dang impressive. I love how you turn into Martha Stewart/Suzy homemaker when away from work.

the mccollums... said...

Oh my gosh...that is hilarious! No wonder your facebook status says you are being lazy today...you did all your work last night! I seriously wish I could make meals like that and freeze it...maybe one day. I swear I eat better when I plan it, but I just can't seem to get back into the planning frenzy that I once had. And Weight Watcher's too...you are awesome!!!