Sunday, December 7, 2008

Some of my (newest) favorite things

I have a list of things that I have just realized that I like now that I have my handsome little one with me.  Here they are.  Please do enjoy:


1.  Family bathrooms-  Before Gabe (from now on to be referred to as BG) I walked by those and wondered what kind of freak family needed to go to the bathroom together, now I know that people use them to change diapers and not feel like a burden cleaning up their kid's business.  My favorite family bathroom so far is at Target because it doesn't have multiple stalls.  Second place goes to Crabtree Valley Mall for having a couch that I used to hold all of my crap (no pun intended) while I made sure the boy was fresh and clean.

2.  Elevators-  Also BG never realized the percentage of the population that rely on those.  I never even paid attention to where they are.  Now I hunt those things down like the metal beasts that they are.  No way am I trying to balance the stroller in some awkward angle so I can ride the escalator -- especially after I saw what those things did to that kid's Croc.

3.  People who hold doors-  BG I just thought it was a nice courtesy to show that I am not so wrapped up in my own wonder that I can't think of others.  Now I want to offer to buy someone a cup of coffee when they hold doors for me when I have the stroller or carseat.

4.  Sleeping more than 2-3 hours at a time-  BG I could rack up a nice 10 hour night of sleep and still take a nap the next day.  Now I feel luxurious if I get 3 1/2 hours at a time... what kind of crap is that?!

5.  Delicious Accessories-  I love my boy in sassy shoes or a snappy hat more than just about anything.  I might look like I picked my clothes up off of the bedroom floor (and I really actually might have), but I love how fabulous my boy can look without even having to try.

This might be a first installment entry.  I kind of like this topic.  I'll start paying attention to more things I like.

  

6 comments:

Judy said...

Let me give you a few of my favorites:
Exersaucers! You've gotta have one by the time Gabe old boy is four or five months old. They're a life saver.
Tights! Too bad you don't have a girl for this one! I make McKenna wear tights all the time because she takes her shoes & socks off within seconds of me putting them on. So now I don't even bother, I just make her wear tights with pants and everything.
Wrapping paper tubes! Amazing how a three year old and a nine month old can be completely entertained for hours with a wrapping paper tube. Who knew?

cheyney webb said...

That little one sure does change your perspective on many things. He makes you appreciate the little things... Now try to squeeze in a nap.

Erin McG said...

Amen and Hallelujah to all of your new favorite AG (after Gabe) things. I had to laugh about the elevators and family bathrooms. It's SO true. Logan and I just made good use of the Target one the other night. It was quite swanky and private. I definitely agree with Judy about the exersaucer. I was give one from a family member and it was great. It didn't have all of the bells and whistles that the new ones have but that was awesome as I didn't want Logan having flashing lights in his face 24/7. It definitely allowed me to get dinner made, clean a bathroom or throw in a load of laundry while Logan had fun.

Erin McG said...

Oh and I agree... anyone willing to hold the door open for a women lugging a child along should be given a reward. Maybe we should start carrying stickers in our pockets to pass out.

ridgeandjenny said...

Im compelled to offer one of my favorite things. When you pick up your little one underneath their arms and pick them up quickly, sometimes their face comes near or past the side of your head. At this point if you're lucky, they will exhale ever so angelically in your ear... It's like being breathed on by God... A single tear, as Im writing.

the mccollums... said...

wow...look at your racking up the comments on this blog post! :) ha ha. What a great post, though. I don't know how you, Christy Prince Velasquez, is making your way to Target and the mall on 3 hours of sleep a night. I remember your long naps each day in college...wow...how a baby changes a person. I personally am wondering how I will be able to manage too without the sleep.