Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Few of MY Favorite Things


Grab your heart-attack pills because I'm finally blogging again!!!

I was scanning through my favorite blogs and my friend, Erin, did a nice blog about some of her favorite things.  While Erin is much more meaningful with some of her things, I thought I would swipe her idea and list some of my (updated) faves:
1.  Gabe (duh of course I would say that).  There is nothing about that little beast that isn't the best.  I love every inch of him and I am so lucky to know him.
2.  My job.  I know that is one of the crack-headed-est things ever but I love it.  I work with a great girl (b.c she's so dang young) named Kathryn who makes my life easy and who appreciates the great kids we have in our class just as much as I do.
3.  Cake.  I love cake with good icing and I will ditch any diet ever to eat good icing.  
4.  My bed.  Ok putting cake and my bed together makes me sound like a 400 lb recluse but that's a risk I'm willing to take.  We picked out our mattress after A LOT of comparison shopping and even a couple of years later I feel like I'm sleeping (or watching tv or feeding my baby) on a cloud.
AND LAST BUT NEVER LEAST
5.  Friends who are good at things that I could never do.  I love that my friend Cheyney can handle sick people with their blood and guts without puking and that my friend Ryan can deal with the mentally un-great and that my friend Jamie can love people in other countries enough to give up comforts and that my friend Erin values and enjoys the sweet time she is able to spend being the 2nd most beautiful boy's mom.  

I'm a stresser and a worrier by nature but Erin was really right when she said that it is important to remember what you have and why life is good.  

Now what are your favorite things?

5 comments:

Judy said...

Welcome back from your extended hiatus! Now don't do that again missy! I love the new header picture! My word Gabe the babe is getting big!

Erin McG said...

Thanks Christy! I love ALL of your favorite things! I should have mentioned cake in mine as well :), oh and my pillow :)!

cheyney webb said...

One of my favorite things is going on "dates" with you. I am so blessed to live near you. You always brighten my day.

#2. Favorite thing- I love my bed too. Worth every penny. Really difficult to get out of every morning. Ryan and I are always have a greater appreciation for it after we sleep in any other bed.

cheyney webb said...

P.S. Love the new blog make over! Great picture of Gaberific.

Ryan said...

welcome back. I like the redesign. Gabe is such a cute baby