Sunday, May 3, 2009

Happy Half!

6 Months ago today the best little thing imaginable came.  Gabey took his sweet time, but after 22 hours of the absolute hardest work ever he was ours.  I am freaking out that just 9 more of these little time-spans will have him kindergarten age.  For real, if you want time to fly have a baby -- or better yet, have the most beautiful funny and happy baby.  To celebrate the best 6 months of my life, here are a few of my biggest memories:

1.  Being so wiped out after labor that I forgot to count fingers and toes (Luis didn't forget and yes they were all there).
2.  Being woken up at any ungodly hour of the day or night only to be greeted by the happiest face.
3.  Giving him his first bath and inadvertently finding one thing that he loves to do as many times a day as possible.
4.  Feeding him in the bathtub to make sure that I kept MYSELF calm during feeding.
5.  Starting the countdown to go back to work and making sure that I spent every day I had left at home loving that boy -- I still rush to pick him up after work and find that I really don't want to be apart from him if I can help it.  
6.  Realizing that he loves bass and at the rate he's going he's probably going to be a DJ in some club just so he can laugh and shriek when the bass comes on.  He can't get enough of it and the only way bass can get better for him is if he's dancing to it.  Don't believe me?  Start singing some Run DMC "Mary Mary" to him... just don't leave out the beats!
7.  The way his normally always active little body slumps over into a bottle coma after we read Good Night Moon for the 121st time (we've read it every night since his 2nd month). 
8.  The way he meets my eyes and smiles with his tongue sticking out because he's to happy to keep it in.
9.  The way he goes from zero to RAGE when he realizes he's hungry and the bottle is not in his mouth.
10.  The way he makes me glad to be alive just so I can be the one who knows what a wonderful person he is.

Happy "Half" my beautiful little bug!  Thanks for giving me the joy of being the one who loves your guts!

4 comments:

cheyney webb said...

Wow! 6 months already! I love the way he danced to Beyonce and the way he will be calm and quiet when you got a pedicure. What a brilliant baby with many more wonderful times yet to come.

Ryan said...

Gabe is one of my favorite kids. He adds depth and class to the velasquez duo.

Erin McG said...

This is precious Christy! You must print it out and put it in his baby book! Happy 6 month birthday to Gabe! He is so precious and sweet! I really hope to have the privelege of meeting him in person one day soon!! He is so wonderful because you and Luis are such FABULOUS parents! He is feeling the love :).

Judy said...

Awww... I love the header picture! He's so cute and I can tell he has you wrapped around his finger!!