Monday, February 25, 2008

Track Change


I found out for sure that I will be switching tracks next year to track 4. For those of you who do not speak year-round that means that I'll still be teaching 9 weeks and taking off 3 weeks and then back again but just different blocks of 9/3 weeks than I did this year. Kindergarten is a strangely autonomous grade level and the most disjointed of any I have worked on, but it came as a surprise that a few wanted to change their tracks. In order to accomodate, my TA and I chose track 4 which is the calendar closest to the traditional school year. We're flexible. We like to say that we're easy ... easy like Sunday morning.

What this information boils down to is that we will get 3 weeks off at the end of our school year and then 3 weeks off at the beginning of next school year (which starts in July) as we pick up the new track. Sounds like some pool time to me. That was one thing that I missed about starting year round right out of traditional -- I had only about 2 weeks to breathe in between letting the old kids go and meeting the new ones.

Luis will be happy b/c when I'm not working I get to be Suzy homemaker and clean and have food ready whereas we kind of eat what we can fix fast with whoever gets home first and play clean up catch up on the weekends. Maybe I should get an apron monogramed!!!

2 comments:

the mccollums... said...

Thats great!! :) Sounds like a little coming-to-Charlotte time to me too! :)

cheyney webb said...

More time to play with Chey! YIPPEE!