Monday, July 14, 2008

Another reason to stay tracked out


Continuing in the ilk of "I don't wanna go back to work" posts, I would also like to post a little something about my husband. For 6 years I have been married to that creature, but this has been the longest time that I have had no where to be and no job that I had to get to (thanks to year-round school paying me for all 12 months -- even when I'm on track out).

One thing that I have been teasing him about that I never had the chance to notice before was how he is absolutely unable to zap something in the microwave and eat in less than 5 minutes (like I always do).


Luis will routinely decide that he's hungry and proceed to defrost a steak, cut potatoes into fries, chop up a fancy salad, add lime to the tea I already made, and warm up some rice (where I would've had some Ramen Noodles 45 minutes into his preparation).

I love that he enjoys food so much that he spends the time and effort to create a meal worth burning calories over -- that is something I learned about my husband this trackout. Oh, track out... you really are to wonderful for any of us to imagine!

2 comments:

cheyney webb said...

Ryan is the same. When I want food, I want it NOW. Which is why I usually end up with a bowl of cereal.

Good thing track out comes around every 3 months. Many things to appreciate.

Ryan said...

Luis is a good cook. His food is worth the wait.