Monday, September 8, 2008

Just a dash of abstract in the midst of concrete




Today in Science while talking about senses, we were focusing on things we could feel. Kids said blahblah stuff like "I feel my backpack" or "I feel my shoes" then one student (we'll call her Tessa) suggested that she could feel God.


I skeptically tried to guide to back toward the concrete answers that the lesson was looking for by saying, "but can you touch him with your hand and know what he feels like?". Without being shy or concerned about being wrong, she said "no, I feel him in my heart".


Oh -- and yes, I did call her Mom to let her know what happened so that they could celebrate life lessons sinking in.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

I like the new blog redesign.

cheyney webb said...

Go Tessa! Too bad I am not her sunday school teacher so I could take credit.

Judy said...

Oh my, what a sweet story! You just never know what they're going to say at that age do you! Love it!