Saturday, May 10, 2008

Boys and Chick Flicks

Last night my friend (we'll call her oh I don't know "Cheyney" for the intents and purposes of this post) and I watched a chick flick together. She had ordered it from Netflicks and her husband had no interest in the girlyness (neither would my Colombian) so we made a evening of it.

We made burritos with beans (since meat grosses me out lately) and smoothies also not made from meat. We ate then got comfy to watch a tear-jerker. I will say that my tears jerked much more quickly than hers but I have 2 theories on that: 1) I'm pregnant 2) she is immune to human pain -- um scratch #2 if there is a girl in tuned with human pain it is Cheyney and more so she is awesome at dramatizing her reaction to such pain so that one's out.

So, my point in saying this is that by the end we were both crying (with kleenix and everything) and it would have been an easy play for both of our husbands if they had sat through the movie since we were both big old mushes at the end. I could have guaranteed that those boys would have gotten (at least) some good cuddles and dreamy glances for putting up with the movie.

Maybe by the time they're 75 the husbands will learn that there are sacrifices worth making in order for a greater good and in this case the sacrifice would be chick flicks and the greater good would be...

In the meantime, I look forward to our next flick night (chick or otherwise).

2 comments:

Ryan said...

I knew something was different when I came home that night. Cheyney was really nice to me and cooked me dinner!

While you were watching that movie, I was watching IRON MAN!!! Maybe by the time I am 75, Cheyney will see movies like THAT with ME!

cheyney webb said...

Good thing those smoothies didn't have meat. I have made them every day, now that you taught me. Thanks for crying, toe-painting, and analyzing the world with me. You are the world's greatest friend and fellow CHICK.