Monday, October 13, 2008

Down 5!




So Thursday night I felt a little crampy but 9 months pregnant will do that to a girl. Friday I woke up and felt gnarly but 9 months preg will also do that. Luis got home on the early side so he decided to join me on my list of jobs for the day starting with him getting a hair cut.


While waiting for that poor woman to work through months of hair growth, a lady who (this may or may not be germaine to the story) smelled really bad came and sat beside me. I got up and did a pregnant-y stretch so that she wouldn't think I was getting up b/c of her and immediately, I needed to hit a bathroom STAT.


I rushed to the back of the hairdresser's where I thought some deep breaths would help and it was all I could do to not throw up in their sink... did I mention that I have a bad time throwing up in strange (and even familiar) toilets?


We quickly ran by school so I could drop some stuff off and we agreed that if I didn't feel better, we'd run by the Ob's office... I didn't feel better so we did. Now, usually I'm down for a little Dr. Henderson House-like briskness, but he was in a hurry and he quickly pulled a diagnosis out of his... butt and sent me out with a prescription for an antibiotic -- completely ignoring the fact that I told him that I felt pain in my back near a body part called the KIDNEYS?!


I have not puked so much in YEARS. A sip of water would send me running for the tub to throw up (see I don't even wanna puke in my own toilet). Finally he called in a prescription for some suppositories that usually can knock out a full-grown bull and I even puked through those.


The next morning I went to the urgent care (where maybe I should've gone in the first place) and the doctor automatically said, that's not a UTI (Henderson's 5 minute or less diagnosis)... it's a KIDNEY STONE!!!!! That's why you've been so sick! She wrote me a rx for vicodin and now I'm just waiting to give birth to a little kidney stone.


When I went to the Ob for my normal appointment, the wonderfully careful nurse practicioner noted that I had lost 5 pounds since Friday!


Carving out new ways to lose the baby weight, this is Christy signing off.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Oh NO! That sounds horrible, absolutely horrible. As if pregnancy isn't already so unpleasant! I'm a little surprised that you can take vicodin when you're pregnant, but seriously what else could you do. Screaming and writhing in pain doesn't sound too appealing, so I hope the vicodin did the trick! Seriously I have such empathy for you right now! I'm going to sign off myself so I can pray for you my friend!!

ridgeandjenny said...

Christy!! We haven't met yet but I do feel like we know you a bit through this forum. I am so sorry to hear about your sickness. And I don't mean like doing a triple backflip on a bicycle sickness or totally like downing a bottle of vicodin, puking and then rallying sickness either (who wouldn't take safe pain killers with a kidney stone lurking, jeeeez). Seriously, I am so sorry that you're having such a hard time. I can empathize with Luis and how worried he must be. It's hard to see your pregnant wife miserable. I hope that you can overcome this soon and get back to looking forward to having your baby and nothing else. You guys are about to experience the most exciting and wonderful time of your lives with little cutie coming soon!

Ryan said...

you poor soul..