Thursday, October 2, 2008

Getting Real




Yesterday I had the count at 37 days, but I forgot that October had 31 days when I was counting. Of course b/c of my mom's b-day and Halloween, I knew there were 31 days -- just forgot. So, as of today, there are 37 days until the little Velasquez is due. Suddenly (as if this belly didn't give it away) reality is hitting.


* I had to get the official letter from the OB giving the due date and estimated time of recovery for my maternity leave -- I actually have it in writing that this isn't a beach ball. Katie Holmes should've gotten such a letter and it would've saved her so much Suri speculation.

* We had to fill out papers to add baby to husband's insurance -- and PS how do you even fill out a lot of that stuff since it hasn't happened yet??? Well, no bother, that's what the benefits lady at his work is earning money to know.

* In that vein, I have a tour at noon of a pediatrician's office to see if they are the chosen ones to take care of the blessed Velasquez child. Also, Cheyney and I are going to look at another office on Tuesday night and believe we might play the life-partner game if someone looks like they could fall for it.

* We had to figure out a solution to this (on the surface) clean house that is really probably a haz-mat zone to my mother-in-law and we found someone who will clean it before she gets here since (being totally real here) I can't get into small places and if I could I sure wouldn't be focusing my efforts on the problem spots of this house.

* All of a sudden all of the crap -- I really mean cute baby things that I would love if they were in their places -- really does need to find the way to proper places. Letters spelling boy's name need to go on the wall and not on the changing table, for example.


So, here it is 6:33 AM on a vacation day and I am not sleeping in b/c I know there is stuff to do. Maybe if I ge-ge-ge-ge-get busy I can take a nap, but for right now... yikes, we're about to have a baby!

5 comments:

cheyney webb said...

Well, that is Katie Holmes fault. Plus they were doing all of their "ultrasounds" in their home, so who knows if that baby was in her belly.
I look forward to being your life partner on Tuesday.

Ryan said...

Wow getting close. All this baby talk is totally having an effect on the wife. Fun for you to share some of it with her.

the mccollums... said...

i still can't believe that there is NO baby belly pics posted anywhere of you on this WWW! No worries, I will see you soon enough and will have my proper blogger tools (aka camera)! :) You better get busy on all your stuff...I hope you will have a detailed account on said visits to maternity wards...

Erin McG said...

Word of advice... don't listen to the ridiculous people who tell you to "get your sleep now because you're gonna be SO tired once the baby gets here". I mean seriously!! That is Soooo not how it works. You can't "store" up on sleep. I wanted to punch every single person in the nose who said that to me and believe me there were MANY!

ridgeandjenny said...

We hope that everything is going well and you guys must be super excited!! Just be glad we don't live in the same place or else Jenny could creep you out with her mad baby hoarding skillz...