Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It passed!!!




At 4:10 this AM the mighty beast of a kidney stone passed... actually it was TINY. It measured only about 2.5mm (about the size of goldfish food in the pellet size). Amazing what havok a little thing like that can cause -- I could get all philosophical about a butterfly's wings causing a tsunami but the meds are already wearing way off. Guess my run with the psychodelic Vicodin is over. We had a good run -- the most consistently I've slept through the night in months since becoming pregnant!


And for the record, when I went to the Ob's office, she (not the idiot-speedy-diagnoser-from-Satan) said that if the baby was born with Vicodin in his system, they have something that completely reverses the effects -- although the drug is safe at all stages of pregnancy. So, baby got his first taste of narcotics in a totally approved manner!

3 comments:

the mccollums... said...

what???? are you serious? girl, I need to say some special prayers for you...this awful! I hope that you really get some good rest in these next couple of weeks. Hey, I guess this is all good training for birthing that beautiful baby boy!!

cheyney webb said...

OUCH! Definately not a UTI. Dumb BYU alum

Judy said...

Hey now...I need a baby update! Everyday I'm checking for one and not finding one. I guess you think that teaching and nesting and all that pregnancy exhaustion is a good excuse to forget about all of us out here in bloggy blog land but I have a need to know about that boy of yours! So grace us with an update - PLEASE!