Monday, June 9, 2008

Pregnancy does not preclude wifely duty








We went to the air show at Cherry Point Marine base (I think that's the official name) and aside from the airplanes it was HOT. I went because I knew that Luis wanted to see the Blue Angels (who, of course, didn't fly until 3:30 even though we were there by 10:30) and I always think it's cute that he gets excited about seeing different aviation-related things I've never heard of. Plus, I knew it would be a great chance to get out of town together.



Um, yeah about that. "Together" is such a strong word when half of the pair keeps running up to the fence to take pictures of planes "doing what planes can't do" (that's what the announcer said so I guess it must be true).


There were some high points like the Shock Wave which is a jet-engined truck that drove faster than a plane -- I could sure use one of those for my drives to Raleigh for work.




Then there was the RUDE lady who stood in front of me for too long and didn't even ask if she was in my way. I think she was fair game for the fine shot I took of her.


It was hot as could be, but we survived and we both came out of it glad we went (me for brattier reasons like the above lady). Props to me for doing my wifely duty and being a good sport. I smell a chick flick in the theatre coming up in Luis's future!

4 comments:

cheyney webb said...

Pretty impressive that you survived the heat! I hope you had a mango cherry popsicle to help you survive. The jetted truck looks pretty dang cool.

Ryan said...

coll pictures and way to survive the crazy hot weather. I went to an air show once. They are pretty cool

the mccollums... said...

I checked your blog the other day and nothing and then all of a sudden, posts out the woazoo!! :) Being born into a family of all boys (and one mother of course) who lived on a military base in the middle of the Pacific, I have done my share of watching the Blue Angels, big planes, little ones all doing very dangerous moves at air-shows! They make me scared to be quite honest...props to you for surviving and for taking a "get you back" shot of the rude ladies not so pretty parts!!

Judy said...

The "rude lady" pic is a riot!!