Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Beautiful Bathtub -- the end of an era.


A pioneer in the education field was laid to retirement today. This is not a very flattering image of our our beloved class bathtub, but it is reality as of today.

Since we are 1) switching a kindergarten room that happens to by mine with a first grade room and 2) actually changing rooms every so often during the year like real year-rounders, the beautiful majestic bathtub that was painted with love by my class had to leave Leesville Road Elementary.


A while ago, I posted a picture of the bathtub in all of its splender in the classroom where it served as a mighty behavior motivator -- only the best kids could take off their shoes and read in it. Right up until today, kids were vying for a place in the tub.


My darling and cute and tolerant husband came to school and loaded it into his work van and then lugged it out and placed it in its final resting place (at least until baby Velasquez gets big enough to enjoy such a fun thing).

I was ready to toss it out (yeah right, like toss is the right verb for a 250 pound bathtub) but I think I'll be glad that Luis wanted to go through the hassle of bringing it home. That way when our kid's Kindergarten teacher thinks she's hot stuff for bringing a bathtub to the classroom our kid can boredly reply "I have one in my room!". Actually he/she better not ever boredly reply to anything a teacher does for him/her after all the effort I know teachers put into making the day fun.

Oh, and as an added bonus here is a nice eye-candy picture of my husband representing in his Colombia shirt (it is amazing how much Colombia-wear he has from the last 2 trips).



3 comments:

Carol said...

RIP Tubby. Now... let's see some preggy pictures!

the mccollums... said...

Nice pic, Luis! Oh, wow, what a sad sad day! I LOVE the tub idea...if someone hires me this year for kindergarten I might have to borrow the reading tub from you!! :) that way the tradition continues...What a wonderful husband you have...I'm sure he just loved the fact you were snapping away while he single-handedly transported the blue relic around town.

cheyney webb said...

Goodbye blue tub that never had enough pillow towels! You are right Christy, I used many a tissue while I read that post. So....