Friday, November 21, 2008

After 10 years







After 10 years of living here in the land of the free and the home of the brave, you will be interested to know (I know I was) that when woken up suddenly, my husband reverts back to the language of his forefathers...




During the noche (see how I differentiate for both language-speakers?) when I didn't hear the wonderous Gabe wimpering or making other Gabe-sleeping-noises and I was sure that we had just experienced a SID-attack (for real I did think this) I jumped up and the first words out of that cute thing's mouth were not words that people who pledge alligiance to the flag usually wake up saying... they were the words of Juan Valdez suppliers: "Que Hubo?".




I am happy to report that once his eyes cleared and he realized that he was sleeping in a bed and not in a hamock**, he started speaking the king's English again.




** j/k, he didn't really sleep in a hamock in the motherland either.

And this would be a gratutious baby picture featuring the duck slippers from Cheyney since she already had to hear the above story once. Thank goodness for friends like Cheyney who knew duck slippers were just what everyone needed when she got them for Gabe.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

chicken feet. I love it. Keep the Spanish BTW J.V.

cheyney webb said...

Those little ducks look so much cuter on Gabe than imagined. Glad Luis is dreamin' in espanol.