Friday, November 14, 2008

The nighttime is the right time


Don't be fooled. This is NOT what he looked like from 1:00-2:15 OR from 3:47 to 5:13 this morning. No, apparently this morning he had some concerns that his lungs might need a little work out and that I might need a few diaper drills (I guess I wasn't fast enough on the first 2).


Luis finally went back to work today so I purposed in my mind to let him sleep as much as possible during the night so that he could be fresh and minty for work. I guess Gabe is a two-parents-waking-up-with-me kind of guy.


So far, his bewitching hour is 4:00 every morning -- cannot and will not go back to sleep until at least 5:00. I wish we could get him to change that till 5:00 when Luis sets his alarm!

3 comments:

Judy said...

He does look so sweet laying there! The good news is that this won't last forever, the bad news is that sometimes it lasts a lot longer than one can mentally handle. We could have chatted around 4am because that's still McKenna's favorite time to be held, fed, rocked, etc. and she's nine months old!

the mccollums... said...

wow...hee hee...this little boy LOVES him some mamma and daddy time! So cute...hope you get some rest today! :) Is your mother in law there to help you out yet??

cheyney webb said...

Maybe I should plan on visiting between 4 and 5 am and I can take that shift. Did you hear how McCain said that after the campaign he is sleeping like a baby? He sleeps for two hours and wakes up and cries.