Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Don't want to know

One phrase that I've heard over and over since the day I told people I was pregnant was "oh just wait until...". I understand that people who have been through a certain experience have broad memories of certain times of their experience, but why can't I just enjoy the point that I am at in my own experience.


FOR EXAMPLE when I started to feel little kicks, I right away started hearing "wait until you start getting kicked in the ribs and it bruises them" -- okay, take my new and kind of nice experience and fast forward me to when I'm going to dread it. I found that I kept fast forwarding my pregnancy to the end in my mind instead of focusing on and enjoying what was happening in that moment. Then suddenly my pregnancy was over and I hated that I spent so much time waiting for ________ to happen.


So, the point of this blog is: even if you've raised 16 kids and you're mom/dad/caregiver of the year, do not you dare react to one of my baby observations with "just wait until...". I'm determined to enjoy this day by day and I don't wanna fast forward to when he's ______. It'll happen quick enough as it is.


And now the gratutitous picture of Gabe the magnificent:



5 comments:

Carol said...

He's beautiful! Would love to be close enough to get my hands on him for a cuddle! You're right to want to relish every moment! Enjoy the ride!

Heather Douglas said...

What a cute little guy you have
enjoy every minute you have with him...he's a little prince

ridgeandjenny said...

He's the cutest! 1,000,000 pictures could never be gratuitous. Jenny and I are so happy for you guys. Just wait until he makes you marvel at every tiny, unbelievable, amazing thing he does! Oh, too late, he already is...

Erin McG said...

Oh Christy, He is BEAUTIFUL!! I just want to hold him and give him a squeeze (a gentle one mind you). Good for you for posting what you did. I don't blame you one bit. You enjoy and soak in each and every day. Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

cheyney webb said...

Good point. He does so many amazing things; it is difficult to keep up with him as it is. Hope you had a great Turkey day.