Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Jacked up very bad day


My favorite kids book of all time is Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day and this day sure had the makings. Here it goes:


7:46- Voicemail from my TA letting me know that she'd be out because she's got a migraine.

10:55- Kids act like like bafoons who've never done a math lesson in their lives... resulted in their papers being tossed in the recycling bin so that they could start over and do a good job.

7:15- Lights in the Honda start acting weird.

7:22- Car starts really getting scary... not wanting to accelerate... radio not working.

7:35- Pull into the driveway... whew... car stops... and Luis can't figure it out.

8:12- Luis was having trouble getting the arrepas to go with our yum Colombian beans separated so I tried and ended up stabbing my hand stigmata-style.

8:30- Have to go to pick up the Jeep since my Honda is not working... sucks.
I think I'll move to Australia...


2 comments:

the mccollums... said...

oh...Christy, my dear, I send virtual hugs for your no good awful day! I hope your car gets fixed...I have when cars don't opperate the way that they are suppose to. Maybe you will have a snow day on Thursday, thats what we are praying down here in the south of the state...ICE and more ICE! I'm flushing ice cubes down the toliet and wearing my PJ's inside out, (or none at all, TMI)...isn't that the school, snow-day myths??

cheyney webb said...

You forgot about the good part of the day when you had yummy coffee with me before your car broke down. I am glad it is fixed now.