Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Stop Dressing Your Six-Year-Old Like a Skank


I went to the library to return my 1 week loan of T is for Trespass a wonderful book by the lovely Sue Grafton (who I met once because I'm hot stuff) and I happened upon a little hardcover copy of Stop Dressing Your Six Year Old Like a Skank.
Had to check it out. I'm always up for a provocative title.
It is so freaking funny -- especially since the author observes a lot of trends about the 6 year old population that I do. If you are looking for a quickie that will make your stomach hurt (from laughing not concern), I'd go the skanky route... but that's just me.
Oh and yes my parents did pay good money for me to get my degree in English and no I don't often check out the great American classics (ok ever... I don't ever check out the great American classics).

3 comments:

Carol said...

T is out????? Where have I been??? I LOVE Sue Grafton and I'm only a little envious of your meeting her!!! I have a friend who works at the library and she got me onto her books a few years ago. I read them all (up to P at the time) in a few weeks! Easy reads. I love them!

The new book looks hilarious! I laughed out loud when I read the title on your blog!

I'm loving your blog! I haven't updated mine since September! Maybe it's a phase!

Hope all is well with you! Happy New Year!

cheyney webb said...

That is definitely the next book I need to read, even if Ryan disowns me. Maybe Britney and Christina's moms should have read this many years ago.

the mccollums... said...

that is hilarous...I will have to check that out...I am always up for a great, recommended read!