Sunday, January 27, 2008

Why I Keep Him


So as any married one will tell you, there are times when you look at the person lucky enough to spend their life with you and and wonder "why oh why oh why oh why do I bother?". Not a commentary on what you think of the person as a whole, just what you think in that moment. Well, last night was one of the nights that reminds me why I bother.

Yesterday we SUPPOSED to be a big cleaning day and I had an ambitious set of plans for my day that I expected to commence just as soon as I got up noonish-closer-to-one. I began cleaning and even roped Luis into participating since he has more cleaning skill in his right pinky than I do after sleeping all morning to prepare.

We were busily cleaning in our separate parts of the house when Luis came in and said "You're going to kill me, but I invited Andres and Natalia for supper" (cue the "why do I bother" thoughts).There was so much to do and I didn't want the limit of time placed by visitors, but they're always fun so I pulled my life together and kept on scrubbing. Let me clarify that we LOVE Andres and Natalia (especially since Andres grew up with Luis and still speaks to him) and all stupid attitudes were my own inability to veer from the supposed plan de jour.

I took the comforter to the laudramat since it is too big to fit in the washer here and pretty much by the time I got back, this is what that little punk whipped up: pasta with mussles, calamari, shrimp, and mushrooms... if the food wasn't so good I would've beat him up for being such an over achiever.


So, I quit being a whiney wife for a while and thankfully ate the food my husband fixed. Hey, it it were not for his lovely efforts we would've been feasting on the local delights like Taco Bell or KFC (which are lovely in their own time). He enjoys making fancy stuff so the next time he starts dancing the marengue on my nerves (which is a big fat joke if you know how much he hates dancing to spanish music) I'll remember the time he really "rocked the mic" as my darling Che would say and fixed some pretty looking and tasting food.

2 comments:

cheyney webb said...

Luis definately rocks the mic! He is an over achiever with food. YUM YUM!

the mccollums... said...

what?? That is an amazing spread!!! I don't think that I could even think about making that...so creative, this husband you speak of! :) A keeper of course!